By Togas Tulandi, Morrie Gelfand
The topic of androgen remedy in reproductive elderly men and women is attracting expanding curiosity from experts in copy medication, endocrinology and first care companies, in addition to from sufferers and the media.
The first e-book to hide androgen substitute in males and girls, Androgens and Reproductive Aging addresses the emotive themes of reproductive getting older, the menopause and using androgen vitamins to mitigate their results.
Edited via top professionals in reproductive medication and infertility, and boasting an all-star forged of authors, this finished textual content covers:
* androgen creation within the fit female and male
* the decline of androgen creation in the course of getting older, with the linked results on physique composition and libido
* the advantages and capability side-effects of androgen substitute therapy.
Ideal for a variety of clinicians and scientists drawn to reproductive getting older, the menopause, hormone alternative and androgen remedy, in addition to obstetricians, gynecologists and relatives practitioners, this detailed textual content is a hugely vital addition to literature within the area.
Read or Download Androgens and Reproductive Aging PDF
Best urology books
Major urologists and professional experts evaluation and summarize for family members practitioners the newest puzzling over how most sensible to judge, diagnose, and deal with all of the most typically encountered urological stipulations. issues mentioned variety from urinary tract infections in youngsters and adults to the evaluate and remedy of hematuria, kidney stones, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), interstitial cystitis, and prostatitis.
Solely all in favour of getting ready applicants for the FRCR half 1 anatomy viewing paper, this publication allows them to perform questions that experience the feel and appear of the particular examination. Containing 8 perform examinations, every one with 20 circumstances that have been completely reviewed and validated through radiology registrars who've sat the examination, the questions are at expanding degrees of hassle.
Extra resources for Androgens and Reproductive Aging
The authors noted a slightly elevated basal LH and a blunted testosterone response to hCG with aging that suggested a small peripheral resistance to LH at the level of the Leydig cell. They concluded that the effect of age-related illnesses were more responsible for the decreases in sex hormones reported by previous studies considering the excellent health of the study subjects. One criticism of this study is that blood was collected in the afternoon when the natural circadian rhythm would be at its nadir.
61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 27 population-based cohort of women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999; 84: 4025–4030. MacNaughton J, Banah M, McCloud P, et al. Age related changes in follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, oestradiol and immunoreactive inhibin in women of reproductive age. Clin Endocrinol 1992; 36:339–345. Sherman BM, West JH, Korenman SG. The menopausal transition: analysis of LH, FSH, estradiol, and progesterone concentrations during menstrual cycles of older women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1976; 42:629–636.
56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 27 population-based cohort of women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999; 84: 4025–4030. MacNaughton J, Banah M, McCloud P, et al. Age related changes in follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, oestradiol and immunoreactive inhibin in women of reproductive age. Clin Endocrinol 1992; 36:339–345. Sherman BM, West JH, Korenman SG. The menopausal transition: analysis of LH, FSH, estradiol, and progesterone concentrations during menstrual cycles of older women.
Androgens and Reproductive Aging by Togas Tulandi, Morrie Gelfand